Thursday, April 4, 2024

A is for Amyotrophic: Long distanced and confused

 Available on Substack.  And it's free!


Writing from August 2018

Acronyms are tough for us dyslexic types, like myself.  Particularly the ones that leave a bad taste in my mouth; The ones I want to shy away from and never learn.  My mom was just diagnosed with ALS.  Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, to be exact.  I'm screwed when it comes to remembering how to say this one.  I don't want anything to do with it.  And yet, here we all are.

I have jumped in and lent my nursing skills, and my case management skills, and my teaching skills.  Grieving skills?  I have none.  Not healthy ones at any rate.  So, I chug along and do the doing.  And how about those emotions?  I've erupted in tears in the shower a few times, but that's about as fare as I have gotten. 

(Fast forward five and a half years later.  Mom passed away a few years ago.)


Writing from March 2024

And now my beloved sister has inoperable cancer.  They say the chemo will get the job done.  We are all holding that hope high and higher.  I again lend a hand with my supportive nursing knowledge - rather outdated on the chemo front - but still, it's what I have to offer.  I am long distanced and confused.  Grief has found me again.  Am I any more equipped?  It does not seem so.    




The App:
You can also catch all of my posts on the Substack app.

Book a Phone Session with Susan

Susan Fullmer is a conscious channel, shamanic practitioner, energy healer, energy reader (psychic), teacher, mentor, group facilitator, nurse, and licensed massage therapist.  She has been in private practice since 1990 with her business, Intuitive Explorations with Susan Fullmer.  She draws from decades of study and practice in the healing arts including 35 years of nursing (both medical and mental health) and massage therapy (with extensive study in energy medicine). 

Susan has a plethora of experience in group facilitation, public speaking, mentorship, and teaching classes and workshops.  In 2019 she graduated from Boise State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Multidisciplinary Studies with certificates in Leadership and Human Relations, and Dispute Resolution. 



No comments:

Post a Comment