Certs for Healers: Why bother?

   Available on Substack.  And it's free!

What I don’t understand about “certification and licensing programs” for mediums, psychics and energy healers is, what’s the point?  I completely get the concept for the western medical world.  When you are laid flat in a hospital bed going through one of the worst experiences of your life and you look up as your nurse walks in, you want to know she or he has proven minimum standards of competency in their chosen professional field.  As a Licensed Practical Nurse working for 35 years in both medical and mental health, and as a Licensed Massage Therapist working for 13 years giving physical massages specializing in injury recovery while working with doctors, chiropractors, workers’ comp, and insurance companies - I agree with licenses, specialty training certificates, and being able to prove that you can do what you say you can do. And all under the umbrella of state rules and regulations.  It’s a complete hassle - not to mention expensive - but I am fully on board with this process.

But how does that translate to the psychic/energy healing world?  And don’t even get me started on the shamanic practitioner realm.  Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m all for teaching these non physical practices.  I do it myself.  But I don’t offer any kind of certified program.  I can’t imagine that.  What is going on right now is that humanity is waking up in droves.  It’s part of the energetic transformation we are all going through.  Suddenly we are seeing with new eyes what is going on around us; we are remembering who we are and why we are here.  And while this is a wonderful thing, it can be a huge shock to the system when we realize that this life isn’t what we have always been told it is.  After more than 30 years of teaching these etheric practices, these are suddenly the students I am teaching now.  It is a bit daunting.  How does one teach a student who’s physic abilities are suddenly and fully online?  Yikes, what does a teacher do with that?  Mostly I support, validate, and get the hell out of their way.  To me, structured teaching programs feels like getting in their way.  

Do they need a language?  Yes.  

Do they need validation?  Often.  

Do they need community?  Most assuredly.  

Do they need a conformed, ritualistic program to prove that they are who they are and that they can do what they do?  Let’s get real.  Let’s get out of their way.  Let’s be a cheerleader and let them get on with it!

Maybe shamanic history has the answer.  Traditionally, shamans around the world are not allowed to call themselves “Shamans.”  Only the people they serve can do that.  And the people will only do that if the shaman gets results.  I think of that when I do my healing work.  I show up and do what I intuitively feel drawn to do, with a good heart, and a willingness to help.  Have I been taught by many fine teachings over the years?  Yes!  But a piece of paper cannot prove that in any way.  My clients and my students are the only ones who can determine my effectiveness in the work I do.  They alone will decide if it is helpful to them.  No certificate on the wall can determine that exchange.



The App:
You can also catch all of my posts on the Substack app.


Book an appointment with Susan:
If you are interested in a remote energy healing or psychic reading you can book an appointment by phone here.


Susan Fullmer is a conscious channel, shamanic practitioner, psychic medium, energy healer, energy reader, teacher, mentor, group facilitator, nurse, and licensed massage therapist. She has been in private practice since 1990 with her business, Intuitive Explorations with Susan Fullmer.

She draws from decades of study and practice in the healing arts including 35 years of nursing (both medical and mental health) and massage therapy (with extensive study in energy medicine).  Susan has a plethora of experience in group facilitation, public speaking, mentorship, and teaching classes and workshops.  In 2019 she graduated from Boise State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Multidisciplinary Studies with certificates in Leadership and Human Relations, and Dispute Resolution.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spitting Mad and Freaking Out

I just can't tell you yet

Deep Shit