Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I'm History

     In history we are finally to the 1960s.  We have been reading this book for weeks, which started with history in the 1600s.  What that means, basically, is that now I am reading, studying, and taking tests on events that I actually remember!  It's as if I'm in the book.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only student in the class who is reliving these events as we read, remembering where I was and what I was doing as they occurred.  Hey, I could be a source material!  I cannot accurately explain how very strange this feels.  The main jolting realization is to see now what was really going on then, with the deeper truth that time and my adult understanding brings to those events of old.



Who remembers the 60s?



Yea, I watched that.





Yea, we owned one of those (the van, not the girls).




Yea, I painted that on my face.





Yea, I never missed an episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment