Friday, February 19, 2016

Voki

     After banging my head against a lap top for three hours last night I finally figured out that what I'm trying to do probably can't be done on a Mac.  (Sorry MacBook Air - you know I love you more than life itself...it's just that damn compatibility thing)  So I'm back at my home away from home, The Zone (on campus tech support).  How much do I love these helpful, extremely intelligent nerds that get me through ALL my computer woes.  Honestly, No Zone would equal No Degree.  I wouldn't have made it without them so far and I'm quite sure the graduation finish line will mean many more visits between now and then.

     Today's adventure is a UF 300 assignment.  I want to embed a Voki into a Power Point/Slides - which ever will work best.  Long story short, I can't do it on my MacBook Air OR my Chromebook.  I brought them both into The Zone today just to make sure I wasn't crazy or confused.  My brainy-nerd-helper confirmed that, no, it can't be done!  Feeling so very vindicated, but so very disappointed right about now.  So I'm at the computer lab to use BSU's computer, with provisions for the long haul.  I'm quite sure I'll be here for hours.  If you never hear from me again it's because I died here.  Let's hope the finished project will be A. publishable here, and more importantly, B. publishable in Black Board (that's where it's got to be posted for grading).  Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment