Friday, September 25, 2015

My shaman place

     I go to a different place when I do math.  I can feel it.  I'm quite sure it's associated with a specific place in my brain - within the left hemisphere to be exact.  I'm starting to recognize it and - hold the presses! - feel more comfortable there.

     It's so interesting to compare the energy of that math place to the energy of my shaman place - a very intuitive, right brain arena where I have felt comfortable for a long, long time.  This shamanic place has always been a natural one for me - the constant default.  But I have also done quite a bit of study there.  I'm not just kicking back in the eithers with an umbrella drink.  I have literally been constantly working, studying and practicing these skills for the past 25 years.  Remember, the definition of a shaman is someone who can navigate those realms at will.  That takes training.  I am comfortable there because I am educated there.

     I always thought math was off limits to me, but as I sit here now observing this newly recognized energy within me, I think, perhaps, I can learn to be comfortable in this realm too.  It's a matter of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment