Thursday, October 19, 2023

The Animist’s Life is Saved by a Possum

 

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night to a frantic screeching sound.  Though I had never heard it before, I knew immediately what it was.  And the translation of it was as clear as a bell - "Wake up, there is danger!"

My tiny backyard has a cluster of cedar trees.  One of the trunks had grown at a jaunty angle of about 45 degrees.  This is the wildlife highway of my neighborhood.  To my delight, many creatures use it as a handy "ladder" to go up to the tops of the cedars and back down again.  It is right next to my bedroom window and so when the screeching originated from this trunk, there was no way I wouldn't hear it.  I was suddenly awake and trying to make sense of what was happening.  Full panic was coming on, a place where I cannot hear the voice of animals nor my intuition.  I had already perceived that a possum was trying to get me to wake up and hear and respond to his message.  In order for me to fully get what he was saying, I had to calm down.   

I started to breathe slower as I deepened my intuitional knowing and energetically tuned into the possum.  In an instant and with full clarity, I received the information that a bad man was climbing my backyard fence (only a few feet away) with the intent to break into my house and do me harm.  He wanted to rape me and kill me.  The solution, however, also came and I was implementing it before I knew what I was doing.  It had been a hot summer night and all three of my bedroom windows were open to the air.  I rapidly and with all of the force I could muster, slammed them shut in quick succession. 

Being an empath and psychic, it was crystal clear to me what happened next.  The loud slamming of the widows scared the bejesus out of him and he turned tail and ran as soon as he was able to untangle himself from the fence which he had been straddling when the sound explosions began.  With that same knowing, I was also absolutely aware that my life had been saved that night by a possum.  I laid in bed as the adrenaline slowly subsided, leaving me in an emotional heap.  My body shook and I rocked myself back and forth for a long time, all the while thanking the possum over and over again. 


What I know after today:  Pure gratitude. 




No comments:

Post a Comment