Saturday, January 10, 2015

I just can't tell you yet

OK, I did it.  I scheduled my spring term at BSU...which starts in less than 48 hours!  I've totally been freaking out for two days about this since they sent me the official notification that I am a student and can now enroll.  Between trying to figure out how to work the computer system to actually enroll myself in the classes, wanting classes that are mostly already filled, and trying to take classes that they say I don't need because I took them 35 years ago, has been a traumatic experience for me.  Though perhaps I should pat myself on the back because I ONLY derailed for two days.  I even made myself physically ill last night - a major crash and burn.  But it was nothing that taking a nap, listening to Clockwork Prince (down loadable library book on OverDrive), and playing Candy Crush couldn't cure.  All effective avoidance techniques that I highly recommend.

But I'm still too freaked out to tell you what I actually signed up for.  It's all too strange and weird and wonderful.  I took classes that I actually want to take and some of them aren't even required for my major which is part of my freak out and embarrassment.  Am I really allowed to do that?  My hands are shaking.  Let me go to school for a week or two first and then I'll see if I feel brave enough to tell you.  Right now it feels like I going to explode.  OK, maybe that's not realistic but I FEEL like I will explode or that they will arrest me or that the world will come to a crashing end.  But if none of those things happen then I'll tell you my class schedule.  But for now I need to breath and find my phone and ear buds.





1 comment:

  1. You got this! I am inspired by your brave return, one day I'd like to try it again also!

    ReplyDelete