Friday, April 26, 2024

This cassette tape contains a piece of my soul: An adventure with the Aura Lady

 Available on Substack.  And it's free!

My best friend Cheryl was a devout Mormon, as was I.  Nothing and no one could have dissuaded me from my conviction, and my friendships reflected the same.  You may notice the past tense reference in my conviction statement.  This story comes from my early life when these beliefs were truer than true and paramount above all. 

"Let's go see the Aura Lady!"  She was so enthusiastic, I felt embarrassed that I didn't know what an Aura Lady was.  Should I know this?  I think I'd heard the word "aura" before, but it was vague and no real definition materialized as I tried desperately to keep up with the conversation.  I decided to come clean and asked, "What's an Aura Lady?"

Cheryl giggled and said, "she reads your aura."

"Um" I ventured, "What's an aura?"

"You know, it has colors and some people can see them and they can tell you what they mean."

Baffled silence from me.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was my first introduction to the human energy system.  I laugh about it now because my life's work and passion revolves around said system.  But back then, it was a confusing mystery.  And more importantly than that, it was a dangerous, confusing mystery.  Had my bestie not been the one to recommend it, that sort of activity would have been clearly defined as "off limits" to Jesus loving, obedient, Mormon women.  Never once had I heard the word "aura" in Sunday school and that should have been my big red stop sign right then and there.  But as fate would have it, off we went to see the Aura Lady. 

I got to tag along for Cheryl's appointment.  I sat in stunned silence as I watched the - would you call it a conversation? - between Cheryl and Malia.  It turns out that the Aura Lady had a normal name and in fact, she looked normal too.  Her office looked normal and, well, it was all pretty normal which was simultaneously a relief and a disappointment.  I'm not sure what I was expecting but normal wasn't it.  As I looked from woman to woman during the exchange, it was one of those moments in life when reality bends a bit and without realizing it, I am now in a place where I will never see anything the same way again.  I don't even have the words for it.  Something happened to me that day that shifted my perception of how the world is.  There was no putting this genie back into the bottle.  

The rest is history, as they say.  I promptly made an appointment to get my own reading done.  This all happened in 1990.  I went on to take classes from Malia to learn how to "read auras."  Turns out, I'm very good at it and I have been doing it as a profession ever since.  In those days we would record the session on a cassette recorder and give the tape to the client afterwards.  After my own first auspicious reading with Malia, I left her office clutching that tape to my chest.  Amidst the onslaught of accusing voices in my head saying I was going against God and all I believed, there was one thing I knew for certain.  In reading my energy that day, she had tapped into something profoundly real and helpful.  That cassette tape contained a piece of my soul.  



The App:
You can also catch all of my posts on the Substack app.

Book a Phone Session with Susan

Susan Fullmer is a conscious channel, shamanic practitioner, energy healer, energy reader (psychic), teacher, mentor, group facilitator, nurse, and licensed massage therapist.  She has been in private practice since 1990 with her business, Intuitive Explorations with Susan Fullmer.  She draws from decades of study and practice in the healing arts including 35 years of nursing (both medical and mental health) and massage therapy (with extensive study in energy medicine). 

Susan has a plethora of experience in group facilitation, public speaking, mentorship, and teaching classes and workshops.  In 2019 she graduated from Boise State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Multidisciplinary Studies with certificates in Leadership and Human Relations, and Dispute Resolution. 







No comments:

Post a Comment