Saturday, November 14, 2015

Moratorium

     I haven't watched TV for years.  This has been good for my soul, and my brain, and my general good health and well being.  Don't get me wrong, I totally check out the Flixs, but I can't stand commercials, and I can't stand bad (most) TV.  Also, I want to watch when I want to watch, which is usually at crazy hours, and quite possibly in segments - especially since school.

     There is one unfortunate down side to this blissful way of life, I am totally ignorant of certain pop culture.  You'd be surprised how many times people refer to commercials, for example.  It's like they revert momentarily to a foreign language mid sentence and then back to English again.  While I'm thinking, "what did she just say?", everyone around me is laughing at the reference.  To be popular and hip, or to be TV ignorant?  I think I'll continue my moratorium and take my changes at being dull and missing the point.




No comments:

Post a Comment