Saturday, December 26, 2015

No Real Say

   I've been contemplating how truly unusual it is that I am blogging.  It's a platform where I speak my truth.  Remember that I am a female born in 1960.  Although the women's movement was happening in the world, it wasn't happening in my world.  I was a child of abuse who grew up in a conservative, strictly patriarchal society where I was constantly told that except to serve others, I was not to be seen and certainly not to be heard.  If I spoke in a public platform, it was to give reference to the holy words of others.  I was taught to pray and receive inspiration, but if "my inspiration" landed outside a strict guideline, I was at best, "wrong" and at worse, "of the devil".  As far as my own true thoughts, feelings, and holy words, I had no real say.  I quickly learned that speaking my truth was unacceptable, and punishable, so I stuffed it down where it was forgotten for a long, long time.

     It's astounding that after that, I could find any words at all that would resemble my own soul. Finding my voice came at a heavy price.  Turns out, you don't make many friends when speaking your truth in an arena that is invested in your silence.

     The 5th chakra is located at the base of the throat.  It's essence is about speaking our truth to ourselves and to others.  The color of this chakra is the sky blue I can see right now out my window on this crisp winter morning.  As I tune into my 5th I can feel that, in spite much work over the years, it still has congestion.  Poor chakra.  What a beating it has taken.  So, I breath into my throat the blue that I can see and feel.  My intention with my breath is to "open", let it be what it truely is.

No comments:

Post a Comment