Saturday, December 26, 2015

Where does a "B" float?

   


     Glass half empty?  Glass half full?  I got a B in math.  I was really hoping for an A.  Pie in the sky perhaps, given that I have dyslexia and math has been the bane of my existence in this current incarnation.  Oh, but I feel sad.  Partly because I had a perfect 4.0 GPA since starting school here at BSU.  I don't think I have the vocabulary to express what a freakin miracle that is.  Yes, I worked my ass off.  And yes, I have lived a life time of learning how to learn in my own - it only makes sense to Susan, but it works - sort of way.  But still, 4.0.

     But in actuality, it's a relief.  With each semester, as the shock of all A's would gradually wear off, the stress would set in.  The pressure to maintain that 4.0 was getting out of control.  I was almost dreading it happening again because I didn't know how much more pressure I could take.  It felt like I couldn't make a mistake.  Not even one.  Yikes, that's a harsh way to live.  So in a way, I'm glad.  But I'm also sad.

     But hey, let's get real.  At the end of the day, for me to get a B in math is over the top exciting.  I actually got a B in math!  Me!  I'll float my B in the glass half full.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment