Thursday, January 7, 2016

I'm filthy rich!

     That's an illusion, but for the moment my bank account says I am.  My federal financial aid came in.  Time to shop!  In the olden days, school shopping meant supplies like note books and pens etc, but most importantly - clothes!  Yea, well the later is part of that illusion I mentioned.  Let's just say, I'll be wearing my old rags for the time being...and on until....graduation most likely.

     I'm not even going to go into the astronomical cost of school.  Oh, what the hell, I'll mention it.  But I'm not going to go into the politics of it all.  Believe me, I have opinions about that particular subject, and I may bore you with it some day, but it's five in the morning.  Just because I can't sleep right now doesn't mean I necessarily have the brain power to discuss politics.  Another day.

     I will say that for a 3 credit class plus books, I budget just under a thousand.  Holy shit.  I don't even want to think about the debt I am racking up.  I do feel good, that I went in to this adventure debt free.  How discouraging it was when I signed up for my first classes a year ago, to see that zero debt ballence change to some thousands in an instant.  Heavy sign.  At 55, that statement, "will I outlive this debt?" takes on a whole new poignant meaning.  I have grand plans after graduation, to continue living like a student pauper in my rags while paying off this money real fast.  We'll see how that goes.

     Later today when the rest of the world wakes up, I'll get my tuition paid, books bought, new MacBook Air paid off, and buy a few sundry school items at the bookstore.  After that, I may have enough to treat myself to some good Korean food.  Ah, the life of the wealthy.





No comments:

Post a Comment