Sunday, January 31, 2016

One Clean Limerick

     I just found a poem from my brother.  He wrote it for me.  Over the Christmas break we were writing Love Notes to our family members, to go into our Christmas stockings (a really cool addition to the candy).  We were all sitting around writing, laughing, and talking.  My brother was  writing his notes in different writing styles for each person.  We were throwing out examples for him to use:  Haiku, iambic pentameter - though he reneged on the Shakespearean Sonnet.

     When he got to mine, he announced that it would be a limerick.  I said, "make it clean!", which is funny because I'm the only one in this family who openly swears.  So the likelihood of a naughty limerick coming from this bunch, is highly unlikely.  Then someone else chimed in, "Use the word Nantucket".  I got a jolt of joy this morning as I was looking for something or other, and I stumbled upon my limerick!  I miss my family.

     So here it is, one clean limerick which includes the word, "Nantucket".  By my beloved brother.



Susan's Limerick

There once was a girl in Boise
Who tended to be a bit Noise(y)
She played her drums loud
Finding chi in the crowd.
Nantucket kicked her out for being boistery


No comments:

Post a Comment