Friday, January 22, 2016

Punishable Sin?




     I used to be so intimidated by the process of buying school books each semester.  It doesn't help that I find books themselves intimidating.  And libraries, and just about anything with shelves of books...like a school bookstore!  I found the whole thing confusing and overwhelming.   And it didn't help that I had this unrealistic fear that I would show up to class on the first day, with the wrong books.  Is that a punishable sin?  What exactly did I think they were going to do with me if I did show up with the wrong books?  And by the way, it happens.  I've seen it - thank goodness not to me.  But to my knowledge, no one has been repremended, banished from school, or exploded because of it.  I think I'm safe if I were to have a future inadvertent bookstore mishap.  





     I now know how to peruse the shelves and read the signs to find the classes and corresponding assigned literature.  And I know how to get on line and fine the same information.  But with my squirrelly, dyslexic view, I am prone to confusion.  So, just incase I might explode, I want to avoid making a mistake if at all possible.  Here is my nearly foolproof method of finding the right books.  I hand my class list to a very young, yet capable bookstore employee and say in my most pleasant voice, "Could you help me find these books?"  It works like a charm.




Addendum 

It is wise to note that there are sections that are much too scary, and should be given a wide birth all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment