Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Loosey-Goosey

     I have never taken a creative writing class before.  Until today that is.  I’ve been one part excited and two parts terrified.  See my blog post – The Scariest Class of All - Sept 2015.

     I really have no idea what to expect.  I took Research Writing a year ago, but I suspect this style will be more loosey-goosey.  Yet, creativity needs a structure of some kind, doesn’t it?  Well, doesn’t it? 


     The first thing I noticed was the energy of the people coming into the room.  Wow, talk about loosey-goosey.  But not in a bad way!  As I sat in this pool of energy from about 15 people in a small room, I could feel…hmm...how do I put this into words?  There was structure, yes.  But their energy went beyond the structure in an expansive, explorative way.  It felt like they could go anywhere or do anything using their imagination and writing skills.  It was both luring and intimidating.  So, how does one acquire such energy?  It was rather fearless and I want some.  

No comments:

Post a Comment