Saturday, October 3, 2015

Blog Name Change

     We have the best TA in math.  He’s supper helpful, smart, and infinitely patient.  Good thing, because I just don’t think I could bare it if he were anything less.  I was really stuck with this particular math concept this week.  I just couldn’t wrap my mind around it.  I don’t usually ask for help because I’m embarrassed and because I keep thinking I can figure this out on my own, and I usually can (this may have something to do with the fact that I’m repeating this pre-algebra class…do ya think?).  Well I was finally and truly stuck, but I kept at it.  What’s that definition of insanity?  When you keep doing the same thing while expecting different results.  Yea, that was me. 

     While in this craziness, a screen popped up that I had never seen before.  It said, “If you do this problem incorrectly 2 more times, we will practice another question.”  Oh, the humiliation of it all!  I was being kicked out of this online math concept because I was doing so badly.  Fine.  I reluctantly caught the TA’s attention and he came cheerfully loping over.  (I’m not exaggerating – mostly) I pointed to the message on the computer screen and he said, “hmmm, I’ve never seen that before”.  Oh the shame!  Just kill me now.  Am I really the only one in Dummy Math who has ever been kicked out of the system for poor performance?  Was I really that bad?  Don’t answer that question. 


     At one point during this self esteem torture chamber, I almost started to cry.  Shit, I’m not mature enough to be in college.  And apparently age doesn’t count when it comes to emotional intelligence.  I’m going to have to change the name of my blog to, “The Overly Emotional, Sensitive Student of Slightly Advanced Years”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment