Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Little White Board


     I don’t know if it’s the dyslexia that’s getting in my way, or the fact that there is no sane rhyme or reason to it all (I’m leaning towards the later).  I cannot get the hang of the positive and negative exponents and integers section.  I did get to the point eventually where I was getting the exact right numbers – with the exact opposite "positive" or "negative" sign that it was supposed to have.  I think I should be getting some points for consistency.

     The next tough hurdle this week was this mystifying configuration of changing weights and measurements and so on.  Quite helpful to someone I'm sure, but I was ready to throw the computer across the room.  Or perhaps, more realistically, slide it off the table.


     


     The third time I called over the TA with his mini, portable, white board for yet, one more explanation, he ended up leaving it with me.  The white board that is.  Now I concede, that that is a very good teaching tool.  Hell, I desperately needed it.  But now there is a visual cue for all to see, shouting to the entire class that, yes, I’m that student who needs all the help the TA can muster.




No comments:

Post a Comment